This is a post to remind myself that I’m actually doing pretty damned awesome. I’ve recently been stressing out because OMG MY LIFE ISN’T PERFECT RIGHT NOW.
Consider how dramatically different my life was a year ago. Consider how dramatically different my life was three months ago. I think I should give myself a bit of a damned break. My life changes pretty often. I’m going to take a moment to recap on all the things I’ve done since this time last year.
- Left an abusive relationship
- Moved back in with my parents
- Got promoted in the job I was in at the time
- Illustrated a short story which didn’t go anywhere but might do one day
- Completed NLP Master Practitioner
- Wrote and recorded about 3 songs for a future album on my ukulele
- Started a business and had a handful of clients
- Played the ukulele in front of a crowd of around 30 people
- Planned a trip to America all on my own and then went to America for a month
- During that time in America, became a trainer of NLP and Hypnotherapy, which was the most rewarding experience of my entire life
- Recorded a hypnosis relaxation track for fun and reasons
- Made a bunch of incredible new friends from all over the world
- Maintained a pretty challenging diet and lost a good deal of weight
- Got a great new job in a company I can do great things in
- Learnt to read the tarot because why the hell not
And at least a third of those things I’ve done in the last three months.
Imagine where I’ll be in another three months
I don’t even know where I’ll be in three months. A year ago I had no idea I’d have done half the things I wrote on that list. My plans are pretty straightforward: become financially independent, get to my ideal weight, move into a house in Leamington, and maintain a handful of clients around my day job. I was stressing out because I thought “I can’t do it”
But Jesus Christ Sarah, look at all of the things you’ve done. Remember what you said to yourself while you where on the plane to America:
“If I can do this, I can do anything.”
You did the thing. So now you can do anything. Where might I be in a year from now?
Maybe I’ll be half way around the world, delivering trainings and giving talks. Maybe I’ll be writing best selling books. Maybe I’ll be busking with my ukulele, singing dumb songs I wrote about dinosaurs and love and things that don’t make sense.
Maybe I can afford to dream a little bigger.